Dr. Holden has performed in thirty different American states, and nine European countries as well as Canada and Mexico. As first prize winner of the 1996 Leschetizky New York Debut Competition, he made his Carnegie Recital Hall concert debut which received high critical praise. He has also performed at the Kennedy Center and Lincoln Center. Performances have been aired on the CBC, NPR, NBC, as well as numerous radio and television appearances on KBYU.
Dr. Holden is a member of the internationally renowned American Piano Quartet.
In 2010 Dr. Holden participated in the 50th anniversary celebration of KBYU-FM, along with other faculty members from the BYU School of Music.
In January of 2012 Dr. Holden and two of his master's degree students, Christie Sowby and Desiree Garza, presented at the National Symposium of Collegiate Piano Pedagogy, hosted by the University of Michigan. Dr. Holden's masterclass and the team's presentation were so well-received that BYU was invited to host the symposium in 2013. In 2013 Holden performed a Tchaikovsky program with the Timpanogos Symphony Orchestra
- The Daily Herald - Timpanogos Symphony Orchestra plans concert with local pianist (9 Feb 2013)
- The Daily Herald - Hot Ticket: Piano Man (25 Oct 2012)
- Salt Lake Tribune -Celebrating a half-century of music on the air (17 May 2010)
- The Daily Universe - Students play piano from the inside out (9 March 2010)
- BYU News Release (18 October 2007)