Neal C. Johnson
Johnson has spent the last twenty years working as a performer, director, choreographer, and teacher. He has performed in, directed and/or choreographed productions of The Secret Garden, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Hello Dolly, and Children of Eden for the SCERA, Funny Girl for Sundance Theatre, The Fantasticks and Hula-Hoop Sha-Boop for Provo Theater Company, Sweeney Todd and The Merry Wives of Windsor for the Actors' Repertory Theatre Ensemble, Joseph and Guys and Dolls for Highland /American Fork Arts Councils, Joseph, Lucky Stiff, The Christmas Carol, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and The Girl, The Grouch, and The Goat, The Secret Garden, and The Civil War for Hale Center Theater-Orem, and The Music Man for Lehi Arts Council.
His work has been showcased at the Utah Shakespearean Festival, the Utah Thespian Conference, and was nominated to represent the state of California in Washington D.C.
He currently teaches at American Fork High School where he won "Teacher of the Year" for the state of Utah and was named in Who's Who Among America's Teachers (2004-2008). In 2012 he directed AFHS's production of Alice in Wonderland.
- The Universe - The Hale Center Theater celebrates personal stories from the Civil War (12 Mar 2013)
- The Deseret News - 'The Civil War' brings story and song to Hale Center Orem (24 Feb 2013)
- The Daily Herald - Perfect date: 'Secret Garden' party (24 May 2012)
- The Deseret News - Stage review: 'The Secret Garden' is a musical feast (20 April 2012)
- The Daily Herald - New Hale Orem play revolves around watering (12 August 2010)
- The Daily Herald A.F. High School to stage classic baseball tale (24 March 2010)
- The Daily Herald - American Fork High School presents 'Wizard of Oz' (14 November 2009)
- The Daily Herald - 'Children of Eden' cast to (Bible) belt out almost 40 songs (25 Jun. 2009)
- The Daily Herald: Undesperate Housewives - 'Merry Wives of Windsor' women have fun at knight's expense