Category:BA Journalism Studies
The earliest seeds of Print Journalism at BYU were sown in the English Department in 1916.
J. Marinus Nelson, an English teacher who taught journalism courses, wrote for the Provo newspaper, The Inquirer. He taught editorial writing and ethics of journalism classes. The Journalism Department emerged in 1933 as a division of the English Department, requiring students to take 30 credits of journalism classes and 30 credits of English to obtain a degree.
In 1938, journalism became a department of its own. It was later adopted into the Department of Communications
Pages in category "BA Journalism Studies"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.